Quick Tip: Boss Battles
Another short tip:
The rule of threes is very obvious in most boss battles, but the rule of seven is less so. I’ve outlined a simple one below to get you started.
STAGE 1 – SHOW THEM WHO’S BOSS
1. Intro – Pause. Audio: “IGGY KOOPA!”
2. Teach – Iggy runs left and right. Bounce on his head once.
3. Surprise – Iggy leaps away and becomes invincible for a bit.
STAGE 2: UP THE ANTE
4. BAM! – Two “hologram” Iggys appear and run left and right.
5. Repeat – The player must show they’ve mastered the trick.
STAGE 3: FIRE THE BOSS
6. Defeat – Iggy flashes and disappears in a cloud of stars.
7. Reward – The player rescues Toad.
More in-depth: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/design/boss-battle-design-and-structure
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.